Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Art Work: Archetypal Theatres

I have been working on creating Archetypal Theatres. These theatres contain the symbols, objects, words and feelings of each archetype. They are about 2 feet by 3 feet.

Fool Archetype
 What I wanted to capture here was the adventurous, spontaneous and playful nature of the Fool. I created a gypsy caravan for the Fool's home.

Magician Archetype

 In this art piece I wanted to show the magical, passionate, and creative fire nature of the Magician. I used an old carrying case that I imagined a Magician could carry to stage shows.

High Priestess
In this piece I wanted to portray the layers of mystery, poetic intrigue and emotional depth of the High Priestess. What do you think? Share your thoughts.

4 comments:

Elena said...

Holy baloney! These are awesome! I wish I could click on them to zoom in because I can see that there's meaning in each of the details. And what details! And richness of color. Each one is marvelous. Now I have to go back and look at each carefully. Wow!

Anonymous said...

incredible!
what a teaching tool.
i can see myself back in class, getting lost in each theatre as I learned it!
Joanne

Caterina Martinico said...

Another fabulous directive, plus your art is astounding, I am so drawn to archetypal imagery, and this is a wonderful way to develop it three dimensionally ....again, Thank you...

Kayla said...

Those are great, I love your ideas and art.
Can't wait to see what else you do!
-Kayla

http://717inthe215.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Karen Wallace M.Ed. BCATR is an art therapist, artist, and art instructor living and working in Regina SK. Canada. She has a private practice with adults and children and specializes in depression, trauma, life transition and abuse work. She facilitates art therapy, creativity and art groups. She teaches internationally. She shows her mixed media art in galleries in Regina, Victoria B.C. and the Gulf Islands. Karen is known for her enthusiastic and dynamic teaching style. Her workshops are rich, playful and creative. Karen’s art work is a reflection of her art therapy work. She expresses her love of nature, her practice of Buddhism and her family in her art. Web site: www.islandnet.com/~kwallace