Monday, August 15, 2011

Grounding and Five Finger Shoes


My new happy feet.

As an art therapist, I am always looking for new ways to help my clients ground themselves. By ground, I mean feel connected to themselves, others and the world around them. Trauma disconnects us from our sense of belonging.
Any exercise or movement that uses our lower body helps us feel grounded. Running is a great way to feel grounded physically (feet on the ground), mentally (thinking about your legs and movement), emotionally (feeling alive, free and happy), and spirituality (feeling connected to nature).

My partners feet.
I just bought some five fingers running shoes. They feel like heaven on my feet! It is almost like running barefoot. What a great way to feel grounded as your foot touches the earth. Their revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely. These shoes stimulate all 26 bones, 33 joints, and 20 muscles in our feet. If you get a chance, try these great shoes!






3 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Feeling good and looking silly or is that looking good and feeling silly? I am going to look for some and try them out!

Ms. said...

Found the Five Fingers shows in NYC at two locations via your link. Now I just have to find some extra cash and get grounded. Thanks!

Karen Wallace said...

Hope you both love your new shoes! Hugs Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive