Friday, January 30, 2009
But before I look out... Let me first gaze within myself.
-Rainer Maria Rilke
Taking small pauses to meditate:
1. While your car is warming up. Take a minute to quietly pay attention to your breathing.
2. While driving become aware of body tension, e.g., hands wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, shoulders raised, stomach tight. Consciously work at releasing the tension. Breathe.
3. When stopping at a red light, bring yourself into Presence.
4. After parking your car take a moment to check inward, breathe and be present.
5. When walking under a doorway, use it as a clue to “center” yourself.
Art Therapy, Somatic Therapy Websites
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (64)
- ▼ 2009 (72)