Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Today when you pause, reflect on your hands . . .
The craftsmen of the Middle Ages, thought that the spiral patterns on our fingertips are marks left by the soul entering or leaving the body. When we touch others with love, care, and attention it is a soulful act.
“Our soul merges from this mysterious place inside us and out through our fingertips, ensouling the wood we carve, the gardens we cultivate, the children and animals and lovers we touch. To me, this is a poetic way of imagining how we bring soul back into our personal lives- by paying attention to the very way we touch, as with the way we prepare food or the care we give our work or the manner in which we touch the earth.”
- Phil Cousineau
Art Therapy, Somatic Therapy Websites
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (64)
- Reflecting on self-acceptance
- Reflecting on Wholeness . . .
- Reflecting on optimism . . .
- Today when you pause, reflect on your hands . . .
- Reflecting on Acceptance . . .
- Reflecting on Patience . . .
- Reflecting on change . . .
- Reflecting on money . . .
- Reflect on taking yourself lightly . . .
- Reflecting on Change
- Reflecting on Dreams
- Rules for being Human
- ▼ April (12)