Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Ways To Reduce Stress at Home and at Work
1. Breathe, when you feel tense, take 10 slow, deep breaths in through your nose, out through your mouth.
2. Touch, hug someone, hold hands, stroke a pet, make non-sexual physical contact with people, brush your hair.
3. Communicate, be honest with your Self and others. Ask for what you want. Express your true feelings when they occur.
4. Drink at least eight, 8 oz. glasses of good water a day. This flushes toxins out of our body.
5. See the humour in life. Laugh at your self and life. Have fun and "play" at life.
6. Meditation 15 minutes a day. Take time to relax, sit, breathe deeply, quiet your mind. Record insights and dreams in a journal.
7. Be Human. Let up on yourself. Forgive your self and others. Slow down and enjoy being alive.
8. Communicate with friends. Spend time with each other. Share the good stuff.
9. Hug three people each day.
10. Quit worrying about the Future. Concentrate on what you can do NOW.
Art Therapy, Somatic Therapy Websites
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (64)
- Deeping the inner relationship with yourself
- Today when you pause, reflect on the choices that ...
- Today when you pause, sit there a little longer . ...
- Reflecting on the choices that we make . . .
- Ways To Reduce Stress at Home and at Work
- Using what is there
- Time for a Rest
- Art Therapy Exercises: Scribble Drawings
- Living Authentically
- The paradox of letting go
- Rediscover the bliss of a child
- Being Soft
- Reflecting on Anger
- Today when you pause, what do you see?
- ▼ March (14)